Faculty Development: Opportunities, Barriers, and Best Practices
2013 Academic Technology Roundtable
University Place, Portland State University
310 SW Lincoln St
Portland, Oregon 97201
In previous years, the NWACC Academic/Instructional Technology Roundtable was comprised of a series of roundtable discussions about a variety of topics relevant to educational technologists. This year, all our sessions will focus on the topic of Faculty Development. Discussions will include, but are not limited to:
- What are the teaching and learning challenges faced by faculty today?
- What tools and techniques address these challenges?
- Are there best practices for teaching with technology?
- Can we as a group create an online faculty development program for faculty who teach online?
As always, participants will have the opportunity to share, learn and collaborate with their colleagues from NWACC member institutions.
- See the complete roundtable agenda
- Sign up for 3 Minutes of Fame (aka NWACC-a-mole) at 3:30 Thursday!
Getting On the Same Page
Roundtable Google Docs
- Use the NWACC IT Roundtable 2013 Google Docs for roundtable notetaking
- If you’re not already, make sure you request to become a member of the NWACCIT Google Group to gain access to the Docs
NWACC IT Google Community
- New this year, we’re set up the NWACC IT Google Community. We’re hoping this will be easier to use than the NWACCo WordPress site for sharing ideas and resources related to instructional technology. This is a public community but membership is limited to NWACC community members only so please ask to join and we’ll get you added in a jiffy.